I am a sole trader operating under the business name ArtbyIanThomson
My art and illustration services include private and commercial commissions for framed and unframed originals, prints from my original artworks and prints from my original postcards and giftcards.
I have a range of private and commercial clients almost exclusively UK based.
These include suppliers, fellow artists and art organisations
This policy describes the personal data I hold on clients and other contacts, how I use it and how I keep it safe.
What I do with the personal data I hold
I use it to do these things;
- Respond to enquiries and feedback
- Communicate to clients
- Communicate with other contacts
- Take payment from clients
- Pay suppliers
- Maintain records for HMRC
I don’t use the data I collect for any other purpose. I do not share it with third parties unless I am required by law to do so
Types of personal data I hold
I may hold any of the following personal data on my contacts:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Additional personal data supplied to me in emails or documents or social media
- Payment history
Sensitive personal data
I don’t collect any sensitive personal data
Where I store personal data
- I store the emails I receive, which contain email addresses and other contact information, in my email platform.
- Postal addresses will also be stored on electronic records of invoices
- If you use the contact form on my website to contact me, your email address and message will also be stored in the backend of the website as a back-up
- Details of payments are stored with client names in my business spreadsheets. Details of PayPal payments are also stored on the PayPal website
- Suppliers invoices may be stored in paper form as well as electronically
Platforms and Providers
- BT email
I access the personal data I hold on a personal computer and a smartphone, both of which are password-protected (on start-up and wake-up). Virus and Malware protection is installed and up to date.
Before I dispose of any hardware I ensure that all data is permanently deleted.
All my provider accounts are password protected.
How long do I keep the data for
I generally keep contacts personal data indefinitely unless I am specifically asked to delete it
Removal of data
I will remove your personal data from my records on request unless it is data I am legally required to keep such as information I might be required to supply for a tax audit by HMRC. I will aim to remove any of your personal data within 30 days.
You are more than welcome to ask me what personal data I hold on you and how I handle your personal data or to ask me to remove any of your personal data from my records
How do I keep this notice up to date?
I will update this Privacy Notice when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07920 567749